Choosing the perfect pair of wedding rings for you and your beloved is both a wonderful and a terrifying thing to have to deal with. Wonderful because you’re about to experience one of the greatest events in your lifetime – committing yourself to the person you love. But why terrifying? Because tradition says that commitment goes with a ring. So how are you supposed to choose between the thousands of options? Especially now, when the traditional wedding ring is about to be replaced with something so special and stylish like the silicone wedding ring?
We imagine how hard this choice must be, so we’ve gathered all the important pros and cons of those two options and we want to present them to you. So sit back and take a look.
Silicone wedding rings
- First of all, it’s comfortable. You won’t have to worry if your hands get swollen or if you gain weight. The silicone wedding ring won’t hurt your finger and become unusable;
- Unlike the metal ring, the silicone ring is non-conductive. If your job includes dealing with electricity and wires on a daily basis, this might be a life-saver;
- The silicone ring is designed to break under a lot of pressure. Yes, losing a wedding ring might be unpleasant, but still it’s better than losing a finger, right?
- The silicone ring is hypoallergenic, heat and cold resistant and ozone and UV resistant. This means it’s good for your skin, safe for your hands and unfading over time.
- Well, it’s safe to say that silicone rings are not a traditional choice. They might not match your taste if you’re a bit more conservative about stuff like this;
- Silicone rings are about safety first. It means they are especially designed to protect your fingers in case of an accident, but this also means that they are easier to break than a metal ring.
Metal wedding rings
- Metal rings are usually made of precious metals such as gold, combined with different types of gemstones. Those characteristics match the aesthetical taste of many couples;
- They are durable and can be passed in the family for generations;
- They could be engraved.
- Metal wedding rings are actually not very safe for a lot of people who work with their hands – electricians, builders, doctors and medical workers, machine operators. They conduct electricity and heat and might cause damage beyond repair to a person’s hands and/or fingers;
- They can’t be removed in case of emergency. If your finger gets stuck somewhere, your finger goes with it;
- If damaged, stolen or lost, a new metal ring will cost you a fortune, compared to the silicone ring.
Considering all of the above, you should basically choose your pair of wedding rings by considering your lifestyle, your professional career, your personal physical specifications and of course – your taste. Silicone wedding rings could possibly match everyone, because they are simple and safe, stylish and comfortable, bold and innovative.