Just a couple of short years after the silicone wedding bands even became a thing, they’ve already managed to become a huge, worldwide trend. What are the reasons behind the decision of hundreds and thousands of couples to replace their fancy, golden wedding rings with these affordable rubber bands? We can explain…
First of all, times change. And with them – people’s lifestyles, needs, expectations and options. Being a symbol of love, commitment and devotion for thousands of years already, the wedding ring is still not to be neglected as an important accessory which comes along with marriage. Yet, the metal wedding ring struggles to cope with the needs and the tastes of many couples nowadays.
The truth is that metal rings never had an acceptable alternative until now. People struggling with their disadvantages had been trying to replace them with bone rings, wooden rings, plastic rings, textile rings, etc. Unfortunately, none of these options turned out to be durable and practical enough to last long. Until one day humanity became genius enough to come up with the medical-grade silicone wedding ring.
Maui rings are a perfect option for the people who had always disliked the discomfort of a metal ring. For the people who work with their hands, for the people who don’t want to be afraid to get their fingers dirty, greasy, wet and messy. For the people who value the symbol of love, but reject being dependent on a piece of gold. For the people who prefer buying a ring which is affordable and comfortable over a ring which is fancy, expensive and feels awkward.
Silicone wedding bands are the logical choice not only for sportsmen and outdoorspeople with active lifestyles. They are the perfect match for everyone who values their own freedom and comfort and who’d like to own a piece of jewelry which:
- Is strong and durable, can stretch and shrink according to the current condition of the finger
- Is hypoallergenic and compatible with even the most sensitive types of skin
- Doesn’t react to different chemicals or acids and doesn’t have to be removed every time when operating with such
- Is UV resistant and waterproof – it also stands times better chances for staying on the finger while performing different water activities such as swimming, rafting, kayaking, etc.
- Is non-toxic and prevents persistent ring rashes on the ring finger
- Is affordable and costs like 10 times less than the traditional golden wedding band
- Is safe and designed to prevent ring avulsion by breaking and setting the finger free in just the right moment
- Is heat and cold resistant which makes it a wise choice for firefighters, hikers and mountaineers
- Is non-conductive so it won’t put your life in danger unlike the highly-conductive metal ring
Already having some doubts why people prefer silicone wedding bands over their uncomfortable and even dangerous ancestors? Then take a minute to think about the style. The different possibilities of changing wedding bands with different colors, textures and looks according to your mood? Take a brief look through the Maui rings catalogue and you might happen to meet the proper band to wear for a lifetime…